Sunday, April 16, 2006

Climbing Hat Ton Si


It's hard to leave, I drag myself from my bungalo for one last bannana Lassi on the beach, kick back on a cushan and watch the early morning crankers pull through 7c+ moves under Ton Si wall. It's been a good week cliping through some stunning routs with really cool people and although it's hard to leave it's feels good to be moving.
I'v been giving the bike a rest and hanging out on Hat Ton Si beach, a cove walled in by towering limestone cliffs and a beach resort for climbers. They come from all over the world it's very cool and sitting at the bar you can watch the coolest of them pump straight off the beach through some very steep layback climbing or crank your neck to see the guys on the fourth pitch of Humanality some 200m up. A bit much for me and I head off to find more acheavable climbing, plenty of choices this place is full of good lines that come with a view, well protected quality rock. Get some people together and hire a boat and try some deep water solo action (very scarry very quickly) or just kick back with new friends the climbing guide always find its way to the table. It's very relaxed finding some really nice people and pushing some personal bests, enjoying the sceen.
There's too much good climbing not just on Ton Si but all around Krabi province including Ko Pi Pi the filming location for The Beach if your having trouble understanding what I'm dealing with, I gota come back here with a full rack and and alot more time but for now I look forward to being back in the saddel. The roads are bussy in Thailand and I'v taken to the west hoping to avoid some of the worst traffic but it may be a bite more on the hillly side but thats no problem the body hold'n up fine and seems to be lov'n the abuse. Their's a thousand K's between me and Bankok Ill be there before the end of the month even if it means a train up the east coast. The plan is to hook up with Jukka a guy I met in Darwin on his way around the world, it i'll be good to have a riding partner to head into Cambodia with although I dont feel alone in this part of the world their seems to be plenty of cycle tourers around their good for bata and the reasurance that I'm not the only crazy one.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»