Wednesday, March 08, 2006

It Had To Start Somewhere

Prpoposing to go bicicyle touring begs the responce from the "nay" sayers outthere and there are many, "why would you want to do that","your crazy" or " I'm going that way do you want a lift" but they will never know the satisfation that comes with making the top and rolling down the other side. Yes there is the realization of the sadist within that enjoys the up hill slog, burning calf mussels and sweat not to mention my brass (the bridge to your ass) but these are all par and parcell of that larger thing the journey. I never really iddentified with the cycliest (I don't own licra shorts) more like the flenuer, the traveller lacking the destination but enjoying the process, cycling allows me the time to travel slow.
I have looked at a map but it's hard to decide on a route, "just head north", avoid the traffic and keep to the west coast of Melaysia seems like the go, avoid the bussy hiways and KL and try and find my rythem. Lacking the cycle tourer self propeltion commitment there is agood rail system through Thailand where I may avoid the southern provinces and help me make Bangkok by the end of April.
Singapor today a good as any place to start (TigerAirways cheap $244 return) A modern self consuming constructionan that I am kinda keen to get out of. Impressive skyscraper archectecture and harbour I need to buy a camera so you may appreciate the number and size of the cargo ships.
It's good to be on the road.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»